Software Engineer C++/Python/Java
Vacancy nr : 329
For our project in an advanced research center, were aiming to realize a quantum computer and network.
The long term vision is to build fundamentally new network technology by enabling quantum communication between any two points on earth. At short distances, such networks provide a scalable path to large scale quantum computing systems by networking small quantum processors into one big quantum computing cluster. At long distances, a Quantum Internet will connect quantum processors in order to achieve unparalleled capabilities.
We are working on a small scale test network linking both simple quantum equipment capable of enabling cryptographic applications such as secure communication, as well as sophisticated quantum processing devices across several Dutch cities in 2020. It has the technological know-how to enable early stage networks in metropolitan areas, and the ambition to bring the technology to a practical reality.
We have a young, ambitious, fast moving team determined to be the first to achieve a technological goal akin to the first moon landing. We are now seeking several software engineers to join us in this exciting endeavor.
• Degree in computer science
• Experienced (4+ years) in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, in various software architectures
• Fluency in object oriented programming languages, preferably Python, C++ and Java
• Software design methods – e.g. UML and tools
• Experience in refactoring and code reconstruction
• Knowledge of code quality measures
• Test engineering and automation frameworks
• Continuous Integration with Jenkins / GitHub & Travis-CI
• Knowledge of configuration management
• Agile/Scrum experience
• Affinity with maintenance/support; quality and service driven
• Comfortable to operate in a challenging and constantly changing environment
• Good command of the English language
• For this vacancy an EU work permit is required
• Good communication skills
• Experienced, working in research environment