Senior Fullstack/Data Engineer (permanent job)
Vacancy nr : 326
We are looking to invite a full-stack data engineer to join our growing team.
Front-end? Back-end? Data? We love it all!
We are looking for smart, enthusiastic engineers that are interested in working across a broad range of software challenges. Whether in the front-end enhancing our data visualization dashboard, or the back-end updating our dataset service API, or exploring and on-boarding new datasets into our data pipeline.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company doing genuinely exciting things in the big-data space. We offer a calm, collected environment where you can focus doing your best work, with a lot of freedom to manage your time and process.
What can we offer?
- Remote friendly and flexible work environment with a lot of freedom to manage your work and time
- Located in the city center of Amsterdam in a very cool building with a lot of other interesting tech companies and startups
- We are committed to helping you grow in your career, if you need courses, training, books, or conferences we can help
- Every other Friday we have a "FunFriday" as a day of free experimentation where everyone can work on a project of their choice
- You're ambitious and talented.
- Comfortable with SQL and reasoning about database performance
- Comfortable working in a typed, concurrent back-end language like Golang
- Comfortable managing state in the frontend and balancing trade-offs in the current state of front-end tooling
- Not afraid to work with browser styling and whip-up a slick UI component
- Comfortable reasoning about data and discussing statistical concepts
- Comfortable discussing infrastructure trade-offs and navigating in a Linux environment
- Experience with ML at scale including text / image classification and time series forecasting
- Experience with BI tooling Statistics, econometrics, or mathematical background
- Experience with a wide range of different data management systems and tooling.
Our (Current) Stack:
- Our back-end API is Golang on Debian with PostgreSQL.
- For data wrangling and machine learning we use the python scientific stack - Jupyter, Pandas, Scikit learn, etc.